ij.start.canon - Download Printer Drivers
A new purchased (or older) Canon printer needs to be set up. First, ensure you’ve installed the latest drivers and software from a valid site, for example – ij.start.canon. The wireless and wired models require drivers and software; therefore, each has to undergo one important installation process. If your printer model isn’t set up yet, you can get started now.
CANON PRINTER SETUP STEPS IN BRIEF
- First of all, set up the printer hardware.
- Secondly, visit ij.start.canon.
- Use the “Set up” tab to select your IJ Canon model.
- Download and run the latest drivers & software.
- If the printer is wireless, connect to Wireless Network.
- If you have the USB cable, connect to the PC using the cable.
- Follow remaining instructions to finish canon ij setup.
Downloading Canon printer drivers and software
- Launch a web browser on your PC or laptop.
- Go to the ij.start.canon website.
- Click the “Set Up” tab to continue.
- Select your Canon inkjet printer model.
- Start Canon printer drivers download.
- Run the downloaded drivers and software.
Close all background apps on your PC or laptop. Then, double click on your regular browser to open it. You can use the default one or go through others, i.e., Chrome, Edge, Mozilla Firefox.
On the web address bar, enter the ij.start.canon URL and press Enter key. The ij.start.canon is a Canon printer drivers download site that offers the latest software and drivers to download on your operating system.
The current page will show you four option for different information. Here, you’ve to select the “Set Up (Start Here)” tab to find the right options on the next page.
The ij.start.canon site takes you to the Product page. Here a box appears asks you to enter the model name, hence type your printer model name, i.e., TS302 and click Go. You have another option to find your canon model. Scroll down the page and click on the Canon printer series to jump next.
The download page appears automatically next. You have to click on the “Download” tab. Select the “Save” or “Save As” tab if you see another prompt on the download screen. For example, your printer software would start downloading quickly.
Once you finish the Canon ij setup download on your system, click “Run” to start the installation. Then, follow on-screen instructions to complete the ij setup installation.
Canon Printer Wireless Setup on Windows
- Turn on your Canon ij printer.
- Select WiFi setup and connection method
- Tap on WPS option.
- Enter the PIN code and connect the printer to the wireless connection.
- Open ij.start.canon URL on the web browser.
- Download Canon printer drivers for windows.
- Start the installation by selecting Run.
- Click Yes to accept license terms.
- Select the preferred option if the Extended Survey Program appears.
- Check the connection method to continue.
- If required, install additional printer or scanner drivers.
- Exit the screen once Canon printer drivers are installed.
Make sure your printer is plugged to the power switch. Then, press the ON button to start your Canon inkjet printer.
Most of the users use the WPS method if a direct WiFi button is available. Otherwise, tap OK in the Setup >WiFi Setup option.
Use the right arrow and select WPS (PIN Code) option. You may also use the WPS (Push button) method if your router has a direct WPS button.
Your canon printer display shows up a PIN code that you need to enter on the router. You should read the router manual to learn how to enter this PIN. Next, you’ll see “Connected status” on the printer display; tap OK.
Launch a web browser and visit ij.start.canon site to find correct drivers and software for your canon printer model.
Ij.start.canon shows four options, select Set Up, then enter your Canon printer model name to jump on the download page. Now, select “Windows OS” from the upper right corner and click on the “download” tab to download universal drivers for your model.
When ij.start.canon completes Ij printer drivers download, click Run to start the process. Otherwise, double-click on the .exe file then selects the Start Setup tab.
A license agreement is the next window in the installation setup. You should review it, then click Yes to accept Canon printer’s terms.
An Extended Survey Program window (may or may not) appears that keeps you updated by sending information, so you can join this survey program by checking the “Deactivate the block” box and clicking Agree.
As we are using wireless installation, a connection method screen appears during the process. Hence you have to ensure your connection and models details. Then, click Yes to confirm and wait for printer drivers’ installation.
The software you downloaded from https://ij.start.canon comes with a few printer and scanners drivers that you can install now. A list will appear on your screen; hence select drivers you require and follow prompts to install. Once the final installation page displays, click Exit to finish.
It takes a few seconds to minutes, and your Canon ij setup will be completed. Click “Exit” to close the installation window.
How to Connect Canon IJ Printer to WiFi ?
WiFi or wireless connection is the best way to connect your PC and Canon printer. However, your printer should be the wireless model for this process. So let’s see how you can connect the WiFi to the IJ printer.
- Ensure you’ve turned on your Canon printer model.
- Install the printer drivers from the ij.start.canon website.
- Turn on your Canon model by pressing the ON button.
- Tap or press the wireless icon or WiFi button.
- The WiFi lamp should flash, at this time, make sure your wireless router is working.
- Then, push the WPS button on the wireless router for a few seconds.
- Your printer may show you connected status. If not, check the WiFi and ON lights are; if stable, the connection has been made successfully.
IJ Start Canon Printer Setup through USB Cable
- Keep your Canon printer turned on.
- You can use either the CD setup or the online drivers’ download method. Therefore, insert the Canon setup CD shipped with the printer. Otherwise, go through step 3.
- Go to Canon printer support – ij.start.canon.
- Select “Set Up” and provide your Canon inkjet model name to open the download page.
- IJ printer products page helps you choosing your product, but you can type the model name in the shown box for the direct drivers’ download option.
- Select your operating system from the top right corner, click on the Download tab in the middle and wait for the Canon printer drivers and software download.
- Run the Setup with double-click on installer setup. It’ll automatically extract the canon ij setup file.
- Click on “USB connection” or on the next page.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer and PC (or laptop) hardware when it appears. For it, insert one side of the cable to the PC USB port and another side into the Canon model’s rear.
- Allow permissions and select your printer model. Also, choose access points from the given list.
- Follow on-screen instructions to finish the USB setup. Click complete.